Monday, April 23, 2012

All By Myself & A Dance Party

Last week Andrew had to travel for work. I have been very fortunate that he hasn't had to travel much except a few times a year and every time he has traveled I have just gone home to Abilene for the week. This week I already had commitments with Wee School and other things around here, so I decided to be a big girl and stay here. In fact, Andrew just accepted a new position within his company making it very likely/probable that he will start traveling M-Th very often. I already know he will be gone for 3 weeks in Sept. and Oct. So I decided I would try to brave it by myself since this could quickly become the norm and I can't run home every time Andrew leaves.

 Let me just say I have so much more respect for single parents after this past week. Having to do everything for Luke and around the house is a lot- and I just have one kid. Luckily Luke was so sweet, and would come and cuddle with me and give hugs and kisses (its like he knew I was a little nervous and sad). He really was the best and I couldn't ask for a better son. But taking care of anyone all by yourself is a lot. I also do not sleep well at all without Andrew. I get too scared and I slept with the TV on every night- leaving me exhausted by the end of the week.  Not having any 'grown ups' to talk to can drive you a little crazy. Luke and I have never been so excited to go to Wee School and actually have some social interaction. Anyways, enough rambling- we survived and it wasn't that bad. This weekend we celebrated 'dada' being home by getting snow cones (we might come up with a reason to get a snow cone most days of the week). Here is a little peak into how big and crazy Luke is getting! He is a dancing fool!


No comments:

Post a Comment