Monday, May 2, 2011

Dancing in the Rain

Today is Andrew and my's 2 year wedding Anniversary. It was a rain day like today that I woke up and looked out the window and saw rain on the day that I was supposed to get married outdoors. It was a day full of chaos, laughter and tears, but in the end God stopped the rain for a few minutes to allow us to wipe down the chairs/aisle and have the wedding. I stared out the window all day and watched the guys bail water from the wedding area and at one point they were wet vacing the aisle. All of our guests were so sweet about the situation, because I am sure everyone's shoe's were ruined as the walked out into our mud filled swamp of a wedding site.





After the wedding was over we had a reception in a tent. (By the way, do you remember that storm that crushed the Dallas Cowboys facility, yes that's the same storm I got married in.) Please see how dirty my dress was, and I even had to wear my mother in law's garden shoes. During the reception my brother in laws pushed cars out of the mud.


We had to squeegee the dance floor, and we multiple slips and falls because at one point water was rushing over the dance floor. During the toast, we barely could hear it because the storm was so loud.



All in all it was the funnest party I have ever been to/throw, even though it didn't go according to plan. We had so much fun just enjoying each other and not worrying about a perfect wedding. I think about this day often, and think that our wedding sorta helped prepare me for life- there have been lots of things that have happened since being married that I have no control over, and I have had to learn that God is in control no matter what. These past 2 years have been absolutely wonderful. I love Andrew more now than the day I married him. And we now are parents to a beautiful boy, who we love so very much. We have a great family and I look forward to the manyyy years to come.



Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's learning to dance in the rain.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! May there be many, many, many more filled with love, laughter, and family!!! God Bless you two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that! so sweet!! happy anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Through tears in my eyes, I want to honor you for learning in two short years the lesson that so many never learn!! This insight will make you an even more wonderful wife and mother!!! Thank you for the reminder...

    " Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain!"

    We need to keep reminding ourselves of this!! You are a great example of a person looking for the joy in everything!!! You bless my life! I love you! Belinda<3

    ReplyDelete